The main result in the International Cooperation Sector: An active, regulated and sustainable International Cooperation
- It is beingexpected that this result leads to the support and coordination ofthe initiatives and the developmentalpartnerships at both the national and the International levels with the viewofan active contribution in making international peace and security, strengthening of theQatar’s role, it’s status in the international arenas and coordinationof its efforts in the framework of the Arab Gulf Cooperation Council, Arab and theIslamic group and the UN organization system, in addition of strengthening such role in the humanitarian and relief system in collaboration with the government ministries and departments as well as the respectiveorganizations of the civil society. Also, work to activate the benefiting of the concerned organs in the state from what provided by the UN organizations and the international organizations of technical supports on various levels. More over the playing of an active role of settling the disputes in the region. Four intermediate results identified which the department of international cooperation in the ministry will work on to achieve in collaboration with the partners with the view of improving the productivity and upgrading the submissions of national development projects and achieving a higher level of the quality of life in the state. This result contributes to the seventh objectives of the sustainable development agenda of 2030, related to the partnership in the development.In the following, we review the four intermediate results been specified.
The intermediate results and goals (programs)
- The first intermediate result: A national developmental efforts contributing in strengthening the compatibility of the sectorial strategies with the international standards and the protection of the international and national gains from the renewed and emerging risks
- The first goal: Preparation of an executive plan for the international cooperation strategy in the first half of the year 2018
- The second goal: Establishment of a regional and international partnerships and signing of a three developmental and cooperation agreements in accordance with the priority of the state in the end of the year 2022.
- The second intermediate result: An active human and institutional abilities for the purposes of the International Cooperation
- The first goal: Building of the national abilities in the area of the international cooperation with number of (30) trainees from the Qatari cadre each year, commencing from 2017.
- The second goal: Increasing the number of Qataris who work in the field of the international and regional organizations including the diplomats, seconded personnel and contract employees to 30 positions by the year 2022.
- The third intermediate result: Improved communication to support the compatibility in the international cooperation activity.
- The goal: To upgrade to 25 per cent the level of the outreach done by the ministries and government organs with the international organizations through the department of International Cooperation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs up from the year 2017.
The importance of the sectorial strategy of the International cooperation emanates from its aim to establish a systemic and active partnerships confronting the challenges faced by this important developmental field intersecting with all developmental fields on the national and International levels and contribute in rallying numerous companies in order to strengthen the humanitarian, national and relief efforts related to saving and salvation the peoples who suffer from wars and disputes and the deterioration in health-care, education and training accompanying. Further, the strategy has another importance of enhancing the contribution of the Qatari diplomacy in the efforts of settlement of disputes and supporting the initiatives aiming to assist, qualify and train the youth and to create employment opportunities for them in different labor markets.
To implement this strategy successfully, the sector needs the efforts and support of many national partners from different sectors, such as government and private sectors and civil organizations, to achieve the specified objectives at both national and regional levels, starting by promoting the coordination and partnership in implementing the projects, disseminating , the learned lessons , related knowledge to this work, exchanged experts in the field of humanitarian work and humanitarian aid. It should be noted that the successful implementation of the objectives of this strategy will lead to build the institutional and human capacities of many national human resources for those how are concerning about the development and diplomacy work. Achieving the objectives will also requires the existence of system that monitor the progress and evaluate the quality of results in sustainable way in order to understand the challenges that may arise during work, and to deal with it at the right time, and contributing in making appropriate decisions based on accurate and correct information.