Functions of the Ministry
In lights of the global changes, a new law for the Ministry was required to set forth its responsibilities. Hence, Law No. (39) Of 2005 was issued, whereby the responsibilities of the Ministry were establish.
The functions of the Ministry include:
- Introduce the State globally; disseminate information about its cultural values and policies; and protect its interests abroad.
- Propose and present the foreign policy of the State to HH the Emir for approval; and follow up on the implementation of such foreign policy.
- Make recommendations for the planning and implementation of the foreign policy, in coordination with the concerned authorities in the State.
- Organize the exchange of diplomatic and consular representation with foreign countries and with regional and international organizations.
- Conduct the necessary communications and discussions to conclude agreements and treaties, and make arrangements and procedures for their execution and implementation, and monitor their application.
- Protect and represent the interests of the State and its citizens abroad.
- Conduct contacts with the Qatari ministries and authorities, foreign governments and their diplomatic missions and the regional and international organizations.
- Propose draft laws and regulations relating to the functions of the Ministry.